Antirust paint hammered Oxirite
You might also like
Related Products ( 16 other products in the same category )
Oxirite hammered finish is a antirust paintDirect application on the surfaces of iron or steel, whether new or oxidized, without using any previous priming. It provides excellent protection against corrosion. Oxirite antirust paint is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Features antirust paint Oxirite
- Direct application on iron and steel without primer or minium. It is effective even directly on rusty surfaces, just remove loose rust particles.
- Working times are extremely fast. Successive layers can now apply from 1 hour (15 min for Spray format) so that can be done in one day work with conventional paints take much longer.
- Use Oxirite significant savings in time and labor.
- The aesthetic result is excellent, with a look of thick, shiny coat, in smooth and hammered.
- Very easy to apply. It is thixotropic and does not drip. Leveling and covering are excellent.
- High strength and resistnce to impact and abrasion.
- Lead and chromate.
With anti-rust paint hammered Oxirite paintable approximately 9 m2 per liter and coat.
Preparation of surfaces
Before applying the anti-rust paint Oxirite, surfaces must be dry, degreased and free from loose rust and calamine. On new surfaces without roughness, we recommend sanding prior to painting.
On iron and steel, it can be applied directly. No it is necessary to apply minium, nor any primer. If the surface is oxidized, it is not necessary to remove the embedded rust or paint. Simply sanding to remove loose rust and paint and mill scale (calamine).
If the surface is corroded areas, you should scrape it with a wire brush or abrasive grinding to remove all loose rust. St-2 level (UNE-EN-ISO 12944-4).
If the surfaces are made of galvanized iron, should first apply Xylazel Galvanized Metal Primer. This primer produces a chemical reaction in superfigalvanized surface, transforming the shiny surface on a blackish surface, allowing good paint adhesion.
On zinc, copper, aluminum and other metals, (also on galvanized metal), good adhesion to the primer can be applied multisurfaces.
Oxirite antirust paint applied on wood and even plastic, seeking an aesthetic result or protection from the elements. In these cases, the surface must be dry, clean and degreased.
Antirust paint dries quickly Oxirite, so that each hand can be applied after 1 hour of the previous one (15 minutes for the Spray format).
It is important to plan the painting of two hands so as not to spend more than 8 hours. After 8 hours, the curing of the paint, which lasts two weeks to finish, smooth, hammered, satin and metallic smooth, and 24 hours to finish the forging begins. As long curing, more paint should not be applied because not properly form the protective layer. Spray paint for format and metallic finish, it is not necessary to respect these curing times.
It is importantapplying at least a thickness of 100 microns dry (0.1 mm) Oxirite rust paint, to achieve good antioxidant protection in moderately aggressive environments. This amounts to 2 or 3 charged hands, or a yield of 4.5 m² / L. In marine or very polluted environments apply at least 130 microns.
In corners, and in places where water can be retained, an additional layer is recommended. Oxirite antirust paint can be applied by brush, roller and gun or with the aerosol format.
Brushing In brushing, should not be diluted. It must be picked up slightly and gently to avoid breaking the thixotropic structure.
Roller application: In roller application, we recommend using one of short wool, as they may not be suitable other types of rollers. Paint the edges first, and complete the application with the roller.
The colors are approximate and may vary depending on the computer screen you are using.
- Kind of product:
- Antioxidant finish without primer
- Degree of Brightness
- Theoretical yield per hand (m2 / L):
- Number of recommended hands:
- Sanding between layers
- It is not necessary
- Dry to Touch at 23ºC and 60% RH
- 1 hour
- Time for repainting at 23ºC and 60% RH
- From 1 h and before 8 h. After 8 hours you have to wait 2 weeks
- Diluent / Cleaning:
- Specific Solvent
- Number of Components
- 1 component
- Type Application:
- By brush, roller or gun
- Place of application
- Interior and Exterior
- Paint Iron or Steel
- Paint Aluminum, Brass or Copper
- Multipurpose Primer
- Paint Galvanized Steel
- Galvanized or Multipurpose Primer
- Paint Already Painted Surfaces
- A smooth sanding and painting directly
- Danger for transport:
- Prohibited Air Transportation
Color chart Oxirite Martelé and Metallic and spray formatDownload (0)
- For further information on the nature of the review controls, as well as the possibility of contacting the author of the review please consult our CGU.
- No inducements have been provided for these reviews
- Reviews are published and kept for a period of five years
- Reviews can not be modified: If a customer wishes to modify their review then they can do so by contacting Verified Reviews directly to remove the existing review and publish an amended one
- The reasons for deletion of reviews are available here.
Based on 10 customer reviews
Maria P. published the 17/04/2021 following an order made on 11/04/2021
Lo que queria
Paloma R. published the 26/03/2020 following an order made on 16/03/2020
Pintura perfecta para metal y muy bonito color.
Carlos C. published the 07/12/2019 following an order made on 23/11/2019
La gestión bien. Las pinturas aún no las he utilizado.
Anonymous A. published the 14/08/2019 following an order made on 06/08/2019
Ya habia usado esta pintura y es perfecta para el metal, el color y el acabado es precioso
Anonymous A. published the 02/09/2018 following an order made on 03/08/2018
Anonymous A. published the 02/12/2017 following an order made on 02/12/2017
Anonymous A. published the 16/04/2017 following an order made on 16/04/2017
Tienen los colores y el tama?o de 250ml. que necesitaba
Anonymous A. published the 24/01/2017 following an order made on 24/01/2017
Anonymous A. published the 29/09/2016 following an order made on 29/09/2016
Este lo mismo, pero en otro color.