Oxirite metallic finish is aantioxidant spray paintDirect application on the surfaces of iron or steel, whether new or oxidized, without using any previous priming. It provides excellent protection against corrosion. Oxirite antirust paint is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Features antirust paint Oxirite
- Direct application on iron and steel without primer or minium. It is effective even directly on rusty surfaces, just remove loose rust particles.
- Working times are extremely fast. Successive layers can now apply from 1 hour (15 min for Spray format) so that can be done in one day work with conventional paints take much longer.
- Use Oxirite significant savings in time and labor.
- The aesthetic result is excellent, with a look of thick, shiny coat, in smooth and hammered.
- Very easy to apply. It is thixotropic and does not drip. Leveling and covering are excellent.
- Great hardness and resistance to impact and abrasion Li>
- Lead and chromate.
With bright rust paint spray Oxirite smooth paintable approximately 2 m2 per 400 mL pot.
Preparation of surfaces
Before applying the anti-rust paint Oxirite, surfaces must be dry, degreased and free from loose rust and calamine. On new surfaces without roughness, we recommend sanding prior to painting.
On iron and steel, it can be applied directly. No it is necessary to apply minium, nor any primer. If the surface is oxidized, it is not necessary to remove the embedded rust or paint. Simply sanding to remove loose rust and paint and mill scale (calamine).
If the surface is corroded areas, you should scrape it with a wire brush or abrasive grinding to remove all loose rust. St-2 level (UNE-EN-ISO 12944-4).
If the surfaces are made of galvanized iron, should first apply Xylazel Galvanized Metal Primer. It is ta primer produces a chemical reaction on the surface of galvanized, transforming the glossy surface in a blackish surface, allowing good paint adhesion.
On zinc, copper, aluminum and other metals, (also on galvanized metal), good adhesion to the primer can be applied multisurfaces.
Antirust paint Oxirite applies even on wood and plastic, looking for an aesthetic result or protection from the elements. In these cases, the surface must be dry, clean and degreased.
It is important to apply at least a thickness of 100 microns dry (0.1 mm) Oxirite rust paint, to achieve good antioxidant protection in moderately aggressive environments. This amounts to 2 or 3 charged hands, or a yield of 4.5 m² / L. In marine or very polluted environments apply at least 130 microns.
In corners, and in places where water can be retained, an additional layer is recommended. Oxirite antirust paint can be applied by brush, roller and gun or with the aerosol format.
Application to spray Shake the can for 3 minutes. With the container in positionng vertically, at a distance of 20 cm, a minimum of 4 apply thin coats, allowing 15 minutes between layers.
The colors are approximate and may vary depending on the computer screen you are using.